There are various types of stone crushers in India. The type and size of a stone crusher depends on the location of the crusher, the demand for crushed products, distance to urban areas, type of raw material available and the local availability of plant and machinery. The stone crushers are generally categorized as small, medium and large sized crushers.
Small Stone Crushers
- The small stone crushers have a stone crushing capacity of 3-25 tones per hour. These crushers have one jaw and one or two rotary screens.
- These stone crushers have manual breaking, feeding, retrieving and stocking operations with one jaw and one rotary screen.
- This type of stone crushers has manual breaking and manual or gravity feeding belt conveyors having single jaw & single rotary screen.
- These stone crushers have a mechanical or Gravity feeding with single jaw having vibratory type screens with belt conveyors.
- This type of small stone crushers has a single Jaw Bucket Elevator with Elevated vibratory screen having storage bunkers type compact units
Medium Size Stone Crushers
The medium size stone crushers have a stone crushing capacity of 25 to 100 tones per hour. They have one primary and one secondary crusher or one primary and two secondary crushers with more than one vibratory screens. The mined stones are transported by trucks to the elevated stone wells, which are then gravity fed to primary stone crusher. The crushed stone is moved to vibratory screens using conveyer belts and are stockpiled into various sizes of crushed stones. The oversized stones are again fed into the secondary crusher and back to vibratory screen using a conveyor belt.
Large size stone crushers
The stone crushers having a production capacity between 100 to 200 tones per hour are categorized as large stone crushers. These crushers have two or more than two primary, secondary & tertiary type crushers with at least 2 or more vibratory screens and having mechanized loading, unloading and conveying operations. The large stone crushers are generally owned by large construction companies for their own large construction projects having their own leased open - cast mines and a fleet of mechanical mining equipment, trucks and dumpers and loaders.