How to get pollution board certificate for wire drawing & bailing units?

Pollution certificate for wire drawing & Bailing units


Baling wires are usually made from iron or steel and sold in reels or rolls. It comes in varying options and majority of baler machinery is solely compatible with specific types. Some of them include:
a)    Galvanized baling wire
b)    Black annealed baling wire
c)    Single loop baling wire
d)    Double loop baling wire
Although primarily used for holding bales of hay together, continued use of baling wires in multiple sectors prove its versatility and strength as a tool.


Book Free Advisory

Baling Wire Applications
Agricultural. The agricultural sector is the user of baling wire for 100+ years to hold together bales of hay, straw, cotton, and other crops for more convenient usage, storage, and transport. While farmers and ranchers previously created the bales by hand and manually tied them with baling wire, this process is presently automated by most larger operations using mechanical balers.
Recycling. The recycling industry uses balers for binding compressed recycled material, like cardboard, textiles, aluminum, paper, and plastic.
Construction. The construction sector uses baling wire for keeping materials organized. Baling wire is often used to bundle lumber or other building materials for safely transporting and convenientlystoring on-site.
Waste management. Adding a waste baler to a trash compactor creates bales of compacted waste held together using baling wire. These compacted bales take up about a third of the landfill space required by un-compacted waste.
DIY projects. Home vehicle mechanics frequently use baling wire for tying up loose mufflers. Farmers and ranchers use baling wire to mend fences and cages.

Important Registrations and Certifications for wire drawing and bailing units
The important registrations and certificates required to set up the factory for wire drawing & bailing units are as follows-

Determining the status of legal entity
A business owner must first establish a business entity as per his resources, goals, and requirements. A sole proprietorship firm registration if a single individual is the business owner but generally not recommended for a set up like wire drawing and bailing units. 
A Private/Public Limited Company would be an ideal business structure for this kind of business activity as it allows the expertise and experience of other individuals to add up the overall expertise required for wire drawing and bailing business.

Pollution Control Board Certifications for Wire Drawing and Bailing Units
The wire drawing and bailing process with enameling and pickling is considered hazardous in nature. Also, if the usage of water is involved in the wire drawing process, an Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) may be installed along with a dust collector for emission control.   
Industrial emissions contain various toxic gases and when such industrial emissions are released into the environment the air becomes toxic which causes the death of forests, acid rain, photochemical smog which directly affects human health especially the lungs of a human body. Such toxic air can kill humans and other creatures.

Consent to Establish (CTE)
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) was set up as a Statutory Organization in September 1974 as per Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and later, for the powers and functions under the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981. In the ensuing decades, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has slowly been passing the functions and responsibilities under the Water Act and Air Act to the State Pollution Control Boards in States and Pollution Control Committees in Union Territories. These State Pollution Control Boards (SPCBs) and Pollution Control Committees (PCCs) in Union Territories are responsible to monitor, control and reduce the level of Air and Water Pollution in their respective jurisdictions. 
The business owner is required to apply to the State Pollution Control Board to get the Consent to Establish (CTE) Certificate. After the CTE Certificate is secured, the building, machinery etc could be set up and installed. After this, the applicant is again required to apply online to State Pollution Control Board for the Consent to Operate (CTO). Once the CTO certificate is issued, the business is formally allowed to commence its operations. Also, as the process of wire bailing is, one of the 17 highly polluting business activities, the business entity is also required to apply online for Hazardous Waste Management Authorization from State Pollution Control Board. This authorization certificate guarantees that the hazardous waste being generated in the wire drawing and bailing is suitably being disposed by an authorized hazardous waste handling facility. 
The procedure of determination of the category of subject matters of the businesses – 
The determination process is typically based on scores. For measuring air pollution marks will be obtained by recognizing various air pollutants and scoring accordingly out of total marks of 40 and for water pollution such scoring will be similarly out of total marks of 40 and the remaining 20 marks out of 100 is allotted for measuring hazardous waste. 
If this score of a business activity is higher than 60 then it is called as red category of business activity and so on.

How to apply for Pollution Control Certificate
The simple steps can be followed to understand the procedure of applying for a Pollution Control Certificate:
i)    The initial application is available on the online portal of any Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee. 
ii)    The applicant is required to submit the documents and submit Government fees for such applications. The fees for Consent to Establish (CTE) and Consent to Operate (CTO) under Air and Water Act largely depends on certain factors such as the type of business activity, commencement of such business, capital investment of the business and the duration of Consent to Operate (CTO) validity.
iii)    The required documents relating to the details of the industry has to be scanned and uploaded while filling the online application and, in some cases, the physical copy of such application along with those scanned documents and receipt of the fees paid has to be sent by post to the Pollution Board Office or Pollution Committee office. 
The status of a pending applications for Consent to Establish (CTE) or Consent to Operate (CTO) can be checked on the same online portal of SPCB or PCC. 

Consent to Operate
The industries categorized under red, orange, and green categories need to apply for consent to establish and consent to operate under the Air and Water Acts. The consent to operate/renewal shall be granted for 5 years for precious metal plating industry as it comes under the orange category. The CTO validity for wire drawing and bailing could be for one year per renewal application as this is a red category business activity.

Hazardous Waste Management Authorization 

Wire drawing and bailing comes under red category and does not fall under the category of Hazardous article but requires emission control equipment.
The business entity is required to have a collection agreement with a registered Hazardous Waste Recycler. The agreement should state the conditions of collection of hazardous waste from the premises along with storage and transportation of the same. 

Ground Water Boring Permission 

The wire drawing and bailing requires usage of large quantities of water and hence large amount of wastewater. If the business owner is using a bore well for extraction and using this water in the industrial process or for domestic usage for workers, it needs permission for the ground water boring being used. The permission to extract and use ground water for commercial or industrial purposes is granted by the Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA) in various Indian States or by the specific State Ground Water Management Authorities. For example, we have Haryana Water Resources Authority (HWRA) in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh Ground Water Department (UPGWD) in Uttar Pradesh, which grants permissions for ground water abstraction in their respective States. 

Trademark Registration

The Trademark certificate can be acquired for which an application has to be made through the online portal of the Trademarks & Patents Office and such trademark has to be distinct and innovative. Depending on the distinctiveness, the Registrar might approve and provide the certificate of registration of a trademark. Every 10 years you will have to renew the trademark of your firm.

Factory license 

The Factory License is a certification that a particular factory complies with the Municipal Laws and Labor Laws of a particular Municipal Area or of a Gram Panchayat.  For acquiring the factory license, one has to make an application to the Office of the Directorate of Factories. The Factory License is issued for one year and it generally requires renewal after every 31st March of the Financial Year.

Book Free Advisory