Meaning of EPR Tyre Waste Management
The EPR is the obligation placed on tire manufacturers to ensure environmentally sound management of waste tires in order to safeguard the environment and public health from any harmful effects that the waste tires may have. By doing this, Producers, Importers, Brand Owners of the Product, and Tyre Waste processors get many benefits, including pollution prevention.
Tyre EPR Waste Management Authorization
The Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary Movement) Amendment Rules, 2022, which took effect on July 21, 2022, through Schedule 9, have been amended to reflect the recent changes made by the Ministery of Environment, Forestry, and Climate Change (MoEF), specifically the “Extended Producers Responsibility (EPR) for the Waste Tyre” that were inserted through the Amendment Rules through the provision set forth for the utilization and management of Tyre waste.
Tyre EPR Certificate Registration
Application of the Amendment in Hazardous and Other Waste (Management and Transboundary Movement):
- Registration of the Entity: In accordance with rule 3 of the amendment rules, entities involved in the utilization and management of waste tires must register with the Central Pollution and Control Pollution Board (CPCB) prior to beginning operations.
- The EPR obligations have been imposed through amendment rules through the bifurcation to the entity registered at the CPCB portal, according to the EPR process’s operational modes.
Documentation Required by Entities to Obtain EPR Certificate
The Documentation Required by Entities to Obtain (EPR) Registration/Authorization/Certification;
- Certificate of Incorporation for the Company.
- Details regarding the owner, proprietor, or sole proprietor.
- Country of Origin.
- The DGFT’s IEC Code
- PAN and GST certification number.
- Company letterhead declaration.
- Waste tyre Quantity
- Statement of Compliance with the Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS).
- Self-attestation by the Dismantlers and Recyclers.
- Letter of understanding (LOI) with recyclers, dismantlers, storage facilities, and disposal (TSDFs), among others.
- List of manufacturers connected to recyclers or destructors, along with the manufacturer’s planned collections.
Benefits of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Tyre
- The main functionality of Tyre EPR is being dealt with by the producers, importers, brand owners (PIBOs) of the product and Tyre Waste Processor (PWPs), to reduce the waste tyre from the environment, doing so they get a lot of benefits including the environment protection.
- The PIBOs get focuses on the production and importing of only such products through which recycling becomes easy once they get registered through the EPR portal, which ultimately reduces the demand for manufacturing new Tyre and the reuse of the existing non-use ab le Tyre gets increased. Through the following of these processes, the cheaper compliance and ease of reusing the product becomes effective.
- Through the Tyre EPR Compliance, the reusing of Tyre products, and saving the environment through the reduction in the production of new Tyres.
- The energy requirement in recycling and reusing Tyre products are very low and water resources are saved through the same.
- The EPR Tyre Waste mechanism reduces the municipal bodies overloading and through the right mechanism, they also get a lot of benefits.
- Even the government supports to a great extent if the EPR mechanism is being followed effectively, the stakeholder or entities feel the incentive for carrying the EPR effectively.
- Even the end user becomes aware of the use of waste tyres and reusing mechanisms through the prescribed process leads them to benefit to a great extent.
How Metacorp will Help You in Getting Tyre EPR Certification & Compliance?
Having 7+ years of Experience, Meta Corp was established with the aspiration of becoming one of the most trusted accounting and consultancy organisations in India. We aim at revolutionizing your accounting, taxation and finance needs with a set of cutting-edge technologies and a congregation of experienced and renowned professionals who have competence in a varied range of professional services. We have a team of 100+ professionals with the sole aim to create a compliance-ready and hassle-free environment for businesses. To start a new business or to run an operational business process, the business owners have to often follow tedious and long-winding Government procedures which tend to burden and derail their focus.
- To meet the further requirements of the officials, we are the finest consultants in Noida because we work closely with officials and other authorities.
- We will provide you with complete support in documentation and evaluation.
- Our EPR Tyre Waste consultants will file an application on your behalf to ensure the accurate submission of documents and other required information.
- We are equipped with resources and experts to track the application status.
- For appropriate follow-ups and acknowledgements, we will directly coordinate with officials.
- Our experienced and professional consultants will provide 24*7 support to resolve any query you may have.